The pressure of a busy life makes following a healthy lifestyle more important than ever. Living in a healthy way can increase productivity, boost energy, increase longevity and contribute towards disease prevention. The following ten steps can go a long way towards a healthy way of living.
|Photo source: Pixabay|
1. Getting a physical from the doctor is an important first step. A doctor can asses fitness and formulate a plan for any health concerns.
2. Once the OK is given by the doctor, an exercise plan can be established. The recommends healthy adults exercise for a minimum of thirty minutes, five days per week, to maintain health. The thirty minutes doesn’t have to be done in one block and can be divided up during the day. Walking is simple, cheap, can be done almost anywhere and is a suitable exercise for most people. If thirty minutes is a challenge, an individual can begin with a smaller amount of time and build up to thirty minutes gradually.
3. Social people are usually healthier than loners. Socialising has many health benefits including improving mood and reducing worry.
4. Getting enough sleep is a challenge for many people, but it’s important as it’s the body and mind’s way of restoring and rejuvenating. Going to bed and waking at approximately the same time each day and night, is an easy way to encourage a good night’s sleep.
5. A balanced diet is an important step towards a healthy way of living. A diet including fibre rich foods such as fruits, vegetables and whole grains can provide more energy by giving the metabolism a boost.
6. Dehydration can contribute to low energy and lack of concentration, so it’s important to top up water levels by drinking water and decaffeinated herbal teas. Too much caffeine or alcohol can cause dehydration and should be avoided or reduced.
7. Owning a pet is a fun way to to be healthier. Being responsible for a pet can put troubling times into perspective, patting a pet can lower blood pressure and playing with a pet can boost mood.
8. Too much stress can be detrimental to health. Stress can be reduced with a quick walk around the block, chatting with a friend or participating in some form of relaxation.
9. Focusing on being positive for just a few minutes a day can contribute to a healthy way of living. Writing down or thinking about what an individual is grateful for can put life into perspective, boost mood and decrease stress.
10. Spending as little as ten minutes in the sunshine each day can . Serotonin can boost mood, reduce pain and decrease anxiety.
A is accessible for most people. Following the above ten steps can contribute to a happier, healthy lifestyle.